At Wyndgrove House we have generously sized double and twin, triple and family rooms with large windows and en-suite shower rooms. Each room is stylishly furnished with carefully chosen statement pieces. All bedrooms feature king size beds and pure white cotton bed linen. Our bathrooms have a range of quality toiletries and generous white fluffy bath sheets. All our rooms have 32" flat screen TV's with free view channels. Our hospitality trays are generously stocked with fair-trade products and home made biscuits.
Breakfast is served in our spacious South facing dining room.
We are proud of our breakfasts and consider them to be very important as they are the last impression our guests have of their stay with us. We think that uncompromising quality and attention to detail puts our breakfasts in a league of its own. We always use the best quality produce, we source most of our breakfast produce locally and are happy to inform guests of its provenance. Our freshly baked bread is delivered daily from our local Trotters bakery.
Guests can choose from a selection from our buffet including fresh fruit, fruit compote, thick creamy greek style yoghurt, grapefruit, soaked prunes, muesli, cereals and a choice of juices and jams or honey.
Cooked options include:
- Northumbrian Cooked Breakfast - With grilled back bacon, Bamburgh banger sausages, grilled tomato, sauted mushrooms, hash browns, beans and black pudding and either one or two fresh free range eggs – poached, fried or scrambled.
- Vegetarian Cooked Breakfast - With vegetarian sausages, grilled tomato, sauted mushrooms, hash browns, beans and either one or two fresh free range eggs – poached, fried or scrambled.
- Omelettes - a 2 egg omelette with a filling of your choice ---cheese, mushrooms, tomatoes, grilled bacon, herbs.
- Eggs Benedict-- split toasted muffin topped with grilled back bacon, two poached free range eggs covered in hollandaise sauce.
- Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs – softly scrambled eggs served on brown toast, topped with locally sourced smoked salmon, garnished with a wedge of lemon,dill,and balsamic vinegar.
- Swallow Fish Oak Smoked Kippers – Famous and original Swallow Kippers served with melted butter ,lemon and sliced buttered brown bread.
- Porridge – porridge served with cream and either brown sugar or honey.
All served with fresh toast and a wide selection of teas or coffee.
Breakfast is served between 8.00 and 9.30 am. An earlier breakfast time can be arranged upon request, please let us know and we will be happy to oblige.